“Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and He shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD.” (Psalm 27:14)

This bible verse of today touched me as i can relate to it. There have been several things going on in "my" life lately in which the truth described in this psalm kind of materialized in front of my eyes. Situations wherein it is all too obvious that you are put in a position that you know yourself completely depending on Jah. It's called faith, believe. Not so much the believe that God exists, but the belief that you can trust Him. No, not the question if Jah can be trusted even, it's more the realization that you don't earn a single thing.

In our lifes living with Yesus, we are told that we should fight the good fight. This fight is the fight against the sin in our flesh and against principalities and powers in the spiritual realms. I often find myself in this situation wherein I know I have to wait for the Lord. There's nothing I can do, nothing but trusting Him. During these times, the devil comes and points to the sin in my flesh, tries to make me identify with the sin in my flesh rather than with my new spirit that i have received through the work of Yesus. Yes, how vulnerable are we during times wherein we have to wait for the Lord!

The psalmist knew this when he wrote these words. We can trust Him, we are encouraged to wait and our trust is that He speaks Truth. His promises do not depend on us, his promises are foretellings.

Let's fight the good fight, namely that against the sin in our flesh. Let us not become weak as we might find ourselves waiting on the Lord. Let us not make the mistake to look at ourselves, but rather look to the Lord.

I will admit that all this is not my strongest point. I often ask myself, why would Jah give me anything because all I have is sin in my flesh. And while I ask that silly question, I totally forget that I should look to Jah and not myself. He loves me and He does not give me a stone when I ask for bread. Even stronger: He does not give me stone when HE tells me He will give me bread.

Sela.

One Love,
Messian Dread